Friday, March 4, 2011

Am I Listening?


Am I listening? 
Do I HEAR the Holy Ghost
trying to speak to me?
Do I recognize that the Holy Ghost
is trying to reach me?
Do I HEAR the voice of the Lord?
My ability to HEAR the Holy Ghost
is directly related to my desire
to communicate with him.
Do I hunger & thirst after righteousness?
Am I filled with the Holy Ghost?
Do I seek the touch of his spirit in my life?
Do I turn my face heavenward,feeling the caress
of his spirit touching my soul?
With my face turned heavenward
soaking in his living water
I CAN be filled with the Holy Ghost!
I CAN be a woman who listens, who HEARS,
who gives heed to the voice of the Lord!
I CAN open my ears to hear his voice.
I CAN learn the language of prayer!
As the Holy Ghost enlarges my mind,
my heart, my understanding,
he gives me gifts
of wisdom, courage & hope.
Through these gifts
I CAN achieve peace of mind.
The more I read the scriptures
and sincerely pray,
the more I hunger and thirst
after righteousness. The more I desire good,
the more my desire for righteousness grows,
I CAN recognize the  promptings of the spirit,
I CAN hear the voice of Lord!
Do I HEAR him talking to me?
WILL I listen to him?
WILL I desire good?
WILL I change spiritually and
WILL I become a woman
who radiates the light of Christ in her life?
WILL I listen?
I CAN HEAR his voice,
and I WILL become more like him.
Listen. . . .
Do I HEAR?
                        Derry Bresee

No comments:

Post a Comment