I write poetry to express the feelings of my heart,
when I am in the attitude of prayer.
My faith grows when I'm praising Him.
My heart enlarges as I write.
Writing poetry is my stress release valve.
The more I strive to live a Christ-like life,
the more I find spiritual safety during perilous times.
I can feel Him sending help as I write!
My talent of expression
enables me to share with others my love for Him.
I write to communicate with the heavens.
My poetic prose is a gift from Him.
I find my life blessed as I share my thoughts on paper.
As I write of Him, I seek others of like mind,
what a beautiful friendship we have with the Lord,
guided by His spirit as we write!
Derry Bresee
written for the ladies of ANWA
[a group of LDS women writers who critique each other’s work]
No comments:
Post a Comment